Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hit by a 1 Ton truck that went thru a stop sign at approx 60-80 km/h, then dragged me for 20 ft. Knocked me out for a bit and ended up with 5 rib fractures and a lung contusion. Cop and Tow truck guys said I was lucky and they were amazed at how well the Subu handled the impact.

I must say, thanks for saving my life subaru.

Looking at a 2010 Forester now.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
That is crazy!

Sounds like you are a little banged up, but you are certainly lucky to be alive.

Good luck on your new shopping, and hopefully your insurance (and their insurance) are taking care of you well.

·
Registered
2008 X 5MT
459 Posts
Wow what a nasty impact, it could have been a lot worse!

Good thing you're ok.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L 5 Speed
203 Posts
Dang. Looks like a rough ride! It's hard to believe that there's so little damage from that kind of impact.

Glad you're safe and hope you're on the mend.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,922 Posts
Look at the front piller..almost not deformed. Hardly even pushed in..windshield is intact. Very impressive.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, yes could have been a lot worse. I'm quite lucky that it was hit where it was. Amazingly the compartment where my feet were wasn't crushed. The EMT people were amazed that I could easily move my legs, as they thought I would be needed to be cut out.

I just bought a 2010 forester, this time with side safety curtains, lol. I get it on Thurs. It will be the first black vehicle I've ever owned, I understand they are hard to keep clean, sigh.

ttyl.................kd

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,751 Posts
Good to hear you made it out OK. Enjoy your 2010; I sure love mine :-D.

·
Banned
2013 2.5x auto
268 Posts
You would think Subaru would gather a hand full of testimony like this for advertising. It only takes one accident like this to make a difference.
Good thing your ok

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
Blood spots on the airbags look gnarly!!

Get yourself a lawyer and make sure you get what's coming to you! Remember, They need to make you 'whole' again (or as close to that as possible)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts