Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started out buying some 05 lgt brakes for a decent price... tore them apart and powder coated them and rebuild them... bought stoptech ss braided lines and hawk pads.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Now for.Installation is where it got tricky... the backing plates for dust behind the rotors had to be removed to clear the 1" bigger rotors for the lgt setup. You can do this by drilling out the spot welds. Then I noticed my kartboy endlink bolts would slighty touch the banjo bolts for the ss brake lines... so I decided to take the bolts off and machine about .050" off of them to make sure its sufficient in clearance.

Oh yea this is also when I noticed my lateral links snapped where the endlink bolts on... terrible body roll for it.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New lateral links arrived today... gonna be putting them on this week. Ill post pics. Although it has nothing to do with installing 05 lgt rear brakes..... after a good flush of the fluid and a bleed on all four wheels the car stop noticeably faster and more firm. Def a great upgrade for the $100 for the brakes.

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
I had the LGT front brake upgrade with stock LGT rotors & pads prior to going brembos; definitely a worthwhile upgrade! LGT all-round with slotted rotors, braided lines and good pads is a great street setup for any Forester. SH requires the BRZ/86/FR-S rear brakes though with the larger handbrake (190 mm); I have heard that from '09 the Legacy went to 190 mm too, but haven't confirmed this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.