Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 FXT
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody has an opensource stage 2 map for an 05 FXT MT, I would greatly appreciate it. I cannot find one anywhere, and I would just like one to play around with. If somebody does have one, please email me @
[email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
I could post one up, but I generally don't like to toss maps out there. The maps should be customized to your particular setup. To do that, you need to modify the map anyhow...

Stage 2 is easy. Wipe out the delays, calibrate the MAF, check the loads, make sure your AFRs are right, pull a bit of timing, and add in the boost...Recheck timing and maybe add some more after everything else is dialed in.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,595 Posts
Call Mike from Innovative Tuning, and get road tuned. Don't mess around with off the shelf maps unless you want to rebuild your engine down the road.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
39 Posts
Call Mike from Innovative Tuning, and get road tuned. Don't mess around with off the shelf maps unless you want to rebuild your engine down the road.
You say that like:
A) Its cheap to pay a tuner to tune a car
B) It's hard to rebuild an engine
C) I've never done this before

Just thought it would be nice to have a starting point instead of starting from scratch.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,595 Posts
Sorry, I was just trying to help. I learned the hard way about OTS tunes, and have a bad cylinder getting fixed right now.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
39 Posts
Its not my first rodeo. And everyone around here responds with "just take it to Innovative", which is annoying, because I'm fully capable of doing it myself. If I wanted to just throw money at it, I would have bought a faster car in the first place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts