Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05 FXT, LGT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the middle of an STI and 6 speed swap and as such I have a bunch of FXT parts to get rid of.

Pretty much all of the stock FXT suspension:

1. Rear Sway bar (no end links, had to cut them off.)
2. Rear diff cradle, maybe called a subframe
3. Rear transverse links (lower control arms)
4. Rear trailing arms
5. Rear T brace
6. Rear shocks and spring assembly
7. Front strut and spring assembly
8. Rear hub/knuckle assembly with seized wheel speed sensor (it would not come out)
9. Front steering knuckles/hubs (no wheel speed sensor, it came out fine)
10. Front lower control arms

Brakes: front and rear
1. Calipers
2. pads
3. discs

Drive Train:
1. Drive shaft
2. 5 speed transmission
3. Rear diff (R160 I believe)
4. CV axles front an rear

FXT shifter and knob

Extra bits (these can go for very cheap if you might be able to use them):
1. Very light flywheel of unknown brand or type. May not be useful because it has friction material on it
2. Disc and pressure plate of unknown type or brand. Also may not be useful because of friction material on pressure plate
3. Used STI OEM flywheel (came with the 6 speed)
4. Used clutch and pressure plate from an STI. I think it's OEM.

If interested, I can post pictures of any particular thing. If you want it, offer a reasonable price and it's yours. I'd prefer not to ship because most of these things are very heavy. I'm in Holland, MI so it's best for pickup. I'd consider shipping for some things. I'd even trade for some things.

·
Registered
05 FXT, LGT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am replacing the cross member and trans mount. They are on the transmission that is going in. However, removing the the front cross member (under the engine) spacers moves the engine up (or the car down, whatever) in the engine bay which seems like it changes the geometry enough that you need a shorter pitchstop. Maybe not. I'll try to pop the kartboy in place once those spacers are out and see.

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X RWD JDM 6mt
450 Posts
You are correct that removing the spacers moves it up. But if you see the difference in the trans crossmember it is also shorter (along with the mount) to keep everything lined up when the spacers are gone.

FXT trans member is 1" taller than the STI member, due to the front spacers.

·
Registered
05 FXT, LGT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics of the shift knob?
Chris,

(I assume that's your name)

Here's some pics of the knob and the boot. I'm not sure how to remove the knob from the boot and I think I need a new boot for the new shifter anyway since it's the six speed.
Leather Computer keyboard Fashion accessory

Computer keyboard Electronic device Fictional character Plastic

Let me know if the pictures aren't good enough. My camera doesn't like to focus very well sometimes.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
7 Posts
I just did a complete 6 speed swap on mine. I had to leave the spacers in. when I removed them the driveshaft angle was off and I used everything from an sti. so I had to reuse the spacers and keep the fit trans crossmember

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.