Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester S auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry in advanced its probably been beaten to death before but. for my 05 Forester XT is there a wrx or sti exhaust that would directly bolt up? if so what year range works. i know that some bolt up but need modified hangers and even need to be lengthened, to clear the bumper. is there such thing or do they all need to be modified to work? i would totally buy an exhaust built for a Forester but they are not a dime a dozen like wrx or sti exhausts and a bit more expensive. thank you

-jake

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
They will all bolt up to your DP. It's a guessing game as far as weather you'll need longer hangers or it will clear the bumper. Most of them just don't come out past the end of the rear bumper, the ones with longer tips will.
Just shy away from the ones with tips and cans that are very angled as they may hit the bumper even with long hangers.

·
Registered
99 Forester S auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, ive been tryign to find a spt exhaust i already have a cobb catted downpipe just not installed and trying to find the right exhaust and for a half way fair price

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Does your DP have a 3 inch flange or does it drop in size to mate to the stock exhaust?
Many cat backs have a flange to bolt to the stock DP, it is harder to find one with a 3 inch flange to mate to a full 3 inch DP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts