Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to just get a set of front and rear brembo calipers.

Are there any modifications I would have to make to the stock rotors?

Anyone know where I can get NEW front and rear calipers that would fit an 05 XT?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
You'll need more than just calipers... read here first: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f68/what-else-needed-use-sti-brembos-foz-30402/

Mach V sells a full upgrade/conversion kit with everything you need, you might want to look into it if you're looking to buy the calipers new anyway: Brembo STi Brake Upgrade - Brakes

Keep in mind that you'll also need wheels to fit over the calipers. The minimum is a 17x7.5 (there's a few that will clear Brembos, but not many). Most wheels that fit will be 17x8 or larger.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could I just get the red brakes that have "subaru" written on them? I think they come stock on some WRX's.

·
Registered
04 XT
318 Posts
Do you want the *bling* of big brakes or do you just want to stop better? Honestly, 4pot/2pot setups are major $$$ and don't do a damn thing unless you ALSO add aggressive pads to them. Likewise, if you just add aggressive pads to the calipers you already have you'll net a major gain. The only thing you NEED big brakes for is track racing where the heat is a major factor. With the right pads on the track you'll boil your hub grease and roast your bearings before your lose braking power. I saw somewhere recently that Discount Tire Direct is now selling EBC Yellow pads. That'll do the trick! Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I have about 25% life left on my pads. My calipers and rotors are not rusted but are pretty beat up and may rust soon. I was planning on getting some new wheels soon, but I think the rusted look of the rotors and calipers would not looks good with new wheels. I wouldn't mind just getting new brakes all together if I could find some for a decent price.

Thats the reason I mentioned the Red Subaru Brakes. They didn't seem to cost a whole lot?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts