Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just FYI :wink:

Just got a letter from SOA in the mail a few minutes ago, sort of like a recall for all '05-'08 N/A models. There is a valve in the fuel tank that needs to be removed, or it can cause your cat-converter to foul. SOA says your dealer will do it for free, process takes about 30 minutes.

This will be the first time MY'05 has seen the dealer since it left the lot new in 2005... 151,000 miles ago. I'm not excited about taking it in, I'm sure they'll try to sell us on a bunch of B/S since they haven't seen it in forever, but I don't feel like messing with the tank. Lazy me.

·
Registered
2005 Forester xs
3 Posts
I received the same letter this weekend and I have a question about this recall. It says that if the tank is below 1 1/2 gallons and you make a hard turn it can damage your cat. now is it really neccessary to have it remove if you keep your tank always above half a tank and were exactly is this valve located. I have the factory service manual and I have looked at the break down fuel tank diagram and I dont see a one way fuel valve on it. I hate to have someone touch my baby , she only likes it when I touch her. I have only 38K miles on her and she runs great and she's a 2005 model. Your reply would help me decide if she goes in for this recall or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts