Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSXT MT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woohoo:
Well, I did it. Got an 04 XT MT w/ 60,200 miles for $12,000 OTD, just gotta go to DMV and pay taxes. The XT had a sticker in the door seal that said it had been modded by a company in Maryland. (Deal killer) But, It was a company that modifies cars for the handicapped. They had cut the peddle arms and welded in extensions. I might try to find replacement stock arms. It also had a couple of toggle switches, Not sure what for but they no longer work. But it drives great and plenty powerful.

·
Registered
2015 VW Golf R (AWD!) DSG (Automated Manual)
2,199 Posts
Congrats!!! That's interesting, people I know with 'handicaps' usually stay away from manual transmissions (can't use both arms to shift or usually the having to do the clutch is the deal breaker). I'd always be wondering about those switches, that's just the way I am. What are pebble arms?

Post up some pics! What color is it?

·
Registered
2007 FSXT MT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its silver w/ heated gray cloth. I'm gonna get the rear spoiler (if anyone has one for sale) and some rubber floor mats. The pedal arms (not sure proper term) are what the gas,brake, and clutch pedals are attached to. Also, I thought it was REAL strange that someone would modify a MT rather than just get an auto but, the MT is more desirable and ya never know what the disability was. This may also explain why there was a new clutch at 45K. I'm going to have a buddy find out (if possible) what the toggles were used for when I get my VA inspection completed.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT MT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Thats a great price. I'll try to get some pics up of the ride up soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts