Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X MY03
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry to post again but im still a little confused here even after reading all of the stickies about suspension setups etc.

From what i can gather 04 sti struts and springs are a direct fit to a 03-04 forester xt ?

Some people say they make the back sag a little?

Also my current forester has PINK Sti springs on it already but the car has not lowered one bit? Can you get forester sti springs as well as wrx sti springs?

Jarred

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,705 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry to post again but im still a little confused here even after reading all of the stickies about suspension setups etc.

From what i can gather 04 sti struts and springs are a direct fit to a 03-04 forester xt ?

Some people say they make the back sag a little?

Also my current forester has PINK Sti springs on it already but the car has not lowered one bit? Can you get forester sti springs as well as wrx sti springs?

Jarred
Yeah the 04 STI take-offs are a direct swap. I just put them on my '08 XT. The back doesn't sag at all really. From the factory the rear gap is 1/4" shorter. That really isnt noticed with a 4" wheel gap. With a 1" wheel gap the 1/4" becomes a little noticeable but the car is sitting correctly. If you really want you can get a 1/4" shim for the back.

You can get Forester specific STI springs I think they say it lowers the car about 3/4" or so. If you had Impreza STI springs on Forester struts you would really notice it!

·
Registered
2003 Forester X MY03
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok,

ive heard you cant just put sti springs on forester struts as the SLS ( Self levelling struts ) will just make it sit high again?

·
Registered
2003 Forester X MY03
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can someone confirm that my model has SLS?
MY04 Forester XT Luxury?

If so, can you simply change the rear SLS struts for normal ones? and what model / part numbers do i need?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
292 Posts
Sorry for the Subi newb question, but what is " STI Take-Off's " ? I'm still getting used to some of the terms used on the forum.

Is it the brand name ? Or is it the direct OEM equipment off the STI ?

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,705 Posts
Sorry for the Subi newb question, but what is " STI Take-Off's " ? I'm still getting used to some of the terms used on the forum.

Is it the brand name ? Or is it the direct OEM equipment off the STI ?
STI take-offs are basically just OEM Impreza STI struts, springs and top hats. A lot of STI guys upgrade their suspension which leaves a cheap suspension upgrade for us Foresters.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X MY03
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do i only need to change the rear strut itself? or do i need to change front to?

after strut change i just need lowered springs right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts