Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hook up my mp3 player into my cars sound system, problem is no AUX-IN jacks and no casette so i cant use one of those converters, I have seen someone selling a P100 Stereo System (What my car has) with a DIY AUX-IN jack on eBay, I would much rather do this myself (Cheaper, and learning experience). Does anybody have any experience on doing this or have done it and can tell me how or give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just buy a new head-unit way better than the stockies
I would but I like the matching trim.

Here's a post similiar to yours. You can read what I did in post #6
You made my day, I wish i could avoid using a blank CD though, or wire it into the Weather Band output.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
I would but I like the matching trim.

You made my day, I wish i could avoid using a blank CD though, or wire it into the Weather Band output.

Just have that 1 cd in there and it repeats, so the music coming in the rear jack is continuous.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Attempt 1

So i made my first attempt got the equipment needed and noticed my 3.5mm stereo cable has only 2 wires (red and black), an exposed ground, and shielding the instructions linked above call for 4 wires.
When i did the two wires it didnt sound that great and it was mono sound, was really weird. Do i have to get a cable with 4 wires and from where?

(I bought the 2 wire cable from radio shack)

For clarification I added the image from Scooby and they say i need to connect R+ R- L+ L-

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts