Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5 MT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have an 04 FXT, and am looking to upgrade the tmic with hoses. I have an 06 STI tmic with an 06 STI bpv. I'm looking for a tmic hose kit, however am not sure which one to get.. has anyone done this before and can possibly recommend a hose kit?

Cheers,

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
278 Posts
Hey all, I have an 04 FXT, and am looking to upgrade the tmic with hoses. I have an 06 STI tmic with an 06 STI bpv. I'm looking for a tmic hose kit, however am not sure which one to get.. has anyone done this before and can possibly recommend a hose kit?

Cheers,
I went with the Grimmspeed ypipe and was very happy with it. I also used their splitter as it works with the still intercooler

·
Registered
204 Forester XT
1 Posts
Mazubo are you using a td04 or a VF series turbo? I'm assuming VF because the td04 may be a pain to make fit.

I used the Mishimoto hoses and have been happy, kind of tight to put on the first couple times. The hose from the BPV may require removal of a bracket under the throttle body if I remember correctly. I also recall trimming and refitting the silicone on the y pipe that came with the sti TMIC.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5 MT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mazubo are you using a td04 or a VF series turbo? I'm assuming VF because the td04 may be a pain to make fit.

I used the Mishimoto hoses and have been happy, kind of tight to put on the first couple times. The hose from the BPV may require removal of a bracket under the throttle body if I remember correctly. I also recall trimming and refitting the silicone on the y pipe that came with the sti TMIC.
Hey thanks for the reply. I have the TD04 stock turbo. I'm trying to figure out which hoses/hose kit to use.. see screenshots attached of the ones I'm trying to choose from. Note; I already have the OEM Y-Pipe with silicone elbow that came with the TMIC..

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts