Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey eveybody, I am currently considering selling/trading my 96 Legacy Outback for an 04 FXT.The one I'm looking into has 75K miles and is bone stock. This will be my first car with a turbo and I am just wondering if there is anything I can do before purchasing. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Black Box for your reply. I'm not too familiar with that term "Buyer Checkout". What exactly goes into that? Is it similar to a 120 point inspection or something like that? Any idea what that is going to cost me??? Thanks for response.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
Kind of. You might have to pay a couple or few hours labor to have a mechanic familiar with Subies go over it with a fine tooth comb. I remember my Porsche mechanic telling me my first 911 had some possible non factory screws in the interior. This on a car with 5K miles. Talk about anal but thorough.

Be aware a lot of XTs are demodded for sale. Ask me how I know. A couple hundred might seem like a lot now but look into what new trannys and engines run...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
180 Posts
We can do a very thorough Pre-Purchase Inspection for you. We specialize in Subarus and I personally have an 04 FXT.

Speedy Roo Motorsports in Aurora.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
The Black Box is right on! Have it inspected. Any mechanic should be able to tell if the car has been "demodded" too. I've seen a ton of STi owners run 400whp+ for 10k miles, realize they can afford the car, part it out and return it to stock and sell it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts