Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester xT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide whether to sell my wifes xT or keep it. I don't know what the going value is of an 04 xt premium.

clear carfax first of all.

auto
tb/wp and all belts changed-due according to routine schedule
turbo has 7k on it...replaced with near new stocker-clogged banjo bolt
invidia up pipe while i was doing turbo
little nicks and scratches here and there. xt is cayenne red
no check engine lights or anything like that. runs great.

value?

·
Registered
04 forester xt
969 Posts
i enjoy my xt 5spd. you get the best of all worlds. awd, turbo and the room and utility of a small suv. and its not heavy. not to mention the h4 layout . i can go on and on, but im coming from driving fwd ser nissans for the last 5 years so its a big improvement in my book. plus the forester did great in the bad weather and snow we had this winter.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I'd say the range they've been going for is 8-15k. Really depends on your local market, in NJ you should be able to get in the higher range of that.

I'd also check into the subaru guaranteed trade in value if the forester is stock. They seem to give a pretty good price if you don't want to deal with looking for a buyer.

·
Registered
2004 Forester xT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a possibility..i'll have to look into that thanks you. My forester is in great shape...i wouldn't call it 15k...but I would never ever consider 8k thats for sure. Somewhere in the middle of that is what I thought as well. I was thinking about giving my wife my 08legacy and selling the forester then getting a commuter car for myself since I work so close to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.