Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No check engine codes and idles and drives fine but no power. I am sure it is not a boost leak since it idles fine no hunting idle or missing. This XT is 100% stock. I have been reading the raw ECU code and is it possible if one of the Catalytic converts clogs that the ECU from the EGT reading is not allowing the waste gate to close to prevent damage. It was past time for the timing belt and I replaced it thinking maybe it had skipped some teeth but this did not resolve the problem. I really don't think the exhaust feels healthy or not enough air pumping out at idle but then no way of determining that. Searched a hundred different ways but could not find a match to my problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
when it idles there is no boost, maybe there is a leak under boost.
Another options: clogged fuel filter, or a defect fuel pump, bad gas, air filter clogged, and so on

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think no leak since the MAF is before the turbo and any none metered air would cause bad driving conditions and crap for idle. I don't think it is a fuel filter or pump since it would still boost just fall on its face.

·
Registered
98 22B
217 Posts
Hiya,
im experiancing exactly the same issues with a m8's 04 2.5 XT fozz.
getting 0.4 boost. no leaks, maf ok, idle is ok but the exhaust deffinatly doesn't sound right

Whats the best way to test the exhaust?? what reading should i get for the EGT and O2 sensors on a diagnostics tool??

·
Registered
98 22B
217 Posts
Well i think i may have sorted it...... for now ;)

replaced all the thin boost control pipes with silicone ones - i think that they are yellow fixed it :)
cleaned boost control solenoid with carby cleaner, also MAF. reset ECU and hey presto - peak of 1bar and .8 steady.

lets see how long it lasts :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts