Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought used forester and it's missing the toolbag/toolkit/lugwrench whatever you call it. What should this toolbag include? Does it include torx wrench for roof crossbars?

Going to dealer where I bought it to see if they'll get me one.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
Rack is a T30, if memory serves. Go to home depot, etc. and get a T30 screwdriver... should set you back about $3, tops.

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
910 Posts
The torx wrench for my roofrack was in the glovebox. Keep looking - these cars have more hidden cubbies than you realize.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Yeah, keep looking 'cause my torx driver was in the glovebox.

All mine came with was a lug wrench and a reversible phillips/blade screwdriver. You're not missing much!

·
Registered
2004 FXT
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definitely not in glovebox.. went to dealership where I bought the car and there getting me the toolkit.. if not hitting sears or similiar.. thx

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Did you look in the spare tire well or the underfloor storage in the cargo area?

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
And, while we're at it - did you look in the storage spaces underneath the cargo floor. That's where the toolkit should be - near the jack. Not sure how it is on your '04, but there are a lot of little hiding spots back there in my '98.

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
midnight302 said:
Bought used forester and it's missing the toolbag/toolkit/lugwrench whatever you call it. What should this toolbag include? Does it include torx wrench for roof crossbars?

I'm curious what specific tools come are suppose to come with the car? The 'toolkit' was located in the tire well/tray area in a little toolbag.

B

·
0 Posts
A lug wrench and the reversible screwdriver came in the bag. I also got a little wrench for my radio antenna. Never found a torx driver but it may be missing.

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
I have everything, but the TORX T-30 screwdriver for the roof rack......but I already had the proper tools to remove the cross bars. ;)

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
994 Posts
midnight302 said:

How long ago did you buy it? In Maryland, before the car is sold it needs to be inspected. Part of the inspection is to verify the tools, jack and spare are in the car. If your state inspection included this check and it has not been to long since your purchase you should go back on the dealer. If it is less than three days since you bought the car you can return it and get a full refund, no questions asked.

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
NahdaDamdyke said:
All mine came with was a lug wrench and a reversible phillips/blade screwdriver. You're not missing much!
Mine also contains an allen key for manually closing the sunroof. (Little plugged hole near luggage area light).

-- Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts