Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this before at sf.com. I am trying to get some info on how really different those scoops and their mounting points are from the stock XT scoop. I really like the idea of having a 04-05 WRX scoop on my Forester, but unfortunatelly I don't have a scoop itself to do a test fitting / measurements. I've been told many times that they won't fit, I just need to know what exactly won't fit and how difficult it would be to custome-fit one.

Another question is about 06 WRX STI scoop. It looks good too, so if (1) won't work I would consider this option.

Anybody has any info to share?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I asked in another forum and I was told also it doesn't fit. I would love to run a 04 - 05 scoop also because I love the look.

**Crossing fingers that someone will make it happen.

Bland...

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
02-03 wrx and sti scoops are the only direct bolt on's for the forester xt. i have a 02 sti scoop that i use. it's shaped almost identically to the forester's scoop, but maybe an inch taller and 4 supports instead of 3. if you look on ebay, you can find the 04-05 style scoops for 02-03 wrx/04-05 forester xt.

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
BlueDevil said:
02-03 wrx and sti scoops are the only direct bolt on's for the forester xt. i have a 02 sti scoop that i use. it's shaped almost identically to the forester's scoop, but maybe an inch taller and 4 supports instead of 3. if you look on ebay, you can find the 04-05 style scoops for 02-03 wrx/04-05 forester xt.
True! I made the mistake of buying an 04-05 carbon fiber STI scoop for my FXT and it did not fit up at all! The 02-03wrx scoop had the same mounting points and will fit.

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
I tried and failed to fine a 04-05 WRX scoop for my SF5 and failed too.
I ended up getting a bad fitting STI scoop supposedly made for the sf5 from a guy in Aus, but I would have loved a more discreet WRX scoop

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
What about a v7 scoop guys? they should bolt right up and are a little higher then the us wrx scoop

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DonutKing said:
What about a v7 scoop guys? they should bolt right up and are a little higher then the us wrx scoop
Never saw one. Do you have a photo?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
v7 scoop = 02/03 STi scoop, as mentioned by Blue Devil above. See my avatar (or profile) for a picture.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, ok, I saw plenty of them then :)

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anybody give me a link to a place where I can buy this big USDM STI (04-05) replica scoop? Gruppe-S doesnt seem to have them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gruppe-S has them:
Here (just like Ant posted)

The picture from above (this one):

is from their site.

Title: AeroSync GDB-C Scoop - 02-03 WRX
Part# ASY-02-GDBC-SCP
Price: $189

If you're taking votes, however, I think that version of the scoop is hideous. :) (OK, I know you aren't and to each their own, but I had to say something!) ;)

EDIT--My apologies, I just now noticed the in the title that you were looking for the non-STi version. I don't know if (or think) there are regular WRX ones. Not many folks want to change the look without improving flow--they usually go for both, so I think the STi is all that's available. Sorry!

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why not? I'm always open to other peoples opinions. So, is MRT's replica much better? Is there any other replica that you could recommend?

·
Registered
81 Posts
You know, that one on MRT's site might just be a WRX scoop and not STi. I'm looking at the second one. It doesn't say STi, and I can't tell for sure, but it doesn't look as god-awfully large at the STi one. But that might just be the pictures. You should Email them and ask the specifics.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OrionAK said:
EDIT--My apologies, I just now noticed the in the title that you were looking for the non-STi version. I don't know if (or think) there are regular WRX ones. Not many folks want to change the look without improving flow--they usually go for both, so I think the STi is all that's available. Sorry!
This is an old thread I created when I hoped to find 04/05 WRX scoop. Now I just want a big-donkey STI one. I changed my mind but didn't bother reviewing the title :icon_biggrin:

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Btw, I just spoke with Gruppe-S over the phone and a guys said that they do not produce AeroSync GDB-C Scoop anymore. . Where else I can find it???

OrionAK said:
Gruppe-S has them:
Here (just like Ant posted)

The picture from above (this one):

is from their site.

Title: AeroSync GDB-C Scoop - 02-03 WRX
Part# ASY-02-GDBC-SCP
Price: $189

If you're taking votes, however, I think that version of the scoop is hideous. :) (OK, I know you aren't and to each their own, but I had to say something!) ;)

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, like this. Do you want to sell it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
i had it for sale a long time ago. if you want it make an offer. i am selling it to a local guy at the end of the month. the problem is, i don't know if i will be able to see him at the end of the month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts