Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm hoping to purchase a clean 2004 or 2005 Forester XT with an AUTOMATIC transmission.
Here is my checklist:

To start off, not looking for any rust bubbles and such. A clean XT is what i'm hoping to find.

Preferably stock/slightly modified engine, but a cat-back exhaust or something similar is great. Any kind of service records would also be awesome.
However, cosmetic modifications (i.e. wheels, coilovers/lowering springs, bumper) are more than welcome!

Any color is perfectly fine (Cayenne Red is pretty awesome though).
Leather w/ sunroof or cloth w/o sunroof, no preference.

Most importantly, anywhere around/in New York would be convenient, but I can drive if the car is what I want.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
8 Posts
If you're still looking, I have one for sale. Unfortunately I'm located in Wyoming. White, leather, heated seats, sunroof, engine rebuilt in 2015. Sat for over a year before I bought it. Bought a bone stock one in black so I need to get rid of this one

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're still looking, I have one for sale. Unfortunately I'm located in Wyoming. White, leather, heated seats, sunroof, engine rebuilt in 2015. Sat for over a year before I bought it. Bought a bone stock one in black so I need to get rid of this one
I am, but Wyoming is very far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There’s a number of these for sale in the classifieds!

I think one or two in NY too!
yeah, i check regularly. they're too overpriced in my opinion. not really going to pay 9k for a forester with mods that could blow up the next day.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
6 Posts
Still looking? I have a...

2004 XT Automatic
Silver Paint, Cloth Interior w/ Sunroof
Located in Southern NH (could also arrange for the car to be in Western MA)

I bought the car last year with 123k miles. It was in great shape except had engine issues so I got a good deal. No rust, paint is good except for a scratch or two, overall very clean and stock car. Over the last year I've completely rebuilt the engine, turbo checked and in good shape, replaced up-pipe with catless version from same year WRX, replaced power steering pump + hoses, water pump/ timing belt, brake pads + rotors all around, all-season tires, some suspension parts (ball joints, CVs). The list is comprehensive (and I have all receipts) but the gist of it is that I resolved any and all issues I could find with the car. All that's left is a slow window motor which I'll probably do too.

Selling because I'd like to free up cash for a different project. Hit me up with any questions you have.

·
Registered
05 FXT's 05 IPT 4eat/ 05 w/ 08 sport conversion JDM STI Forester swapped
411 Posts
Still looking?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts