Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 forester xt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys back to the age old question... Anybody know where to get the 04 sti style hood scoop? Cant seem to find anyone online everybody says out of stock for at least 6 weeks. One last question.... I am upgrading to a 16g turbo next week.. Will the stock intercooler be suficient? I dont race this thing.

thanks this site is awesome!

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
^
what he said! And also, try ebay for the scoop.

Edit: Just remember you need the "STI style" scoop for the 02/03 WRX, NOT the 04/05 STI scoop

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
I was interested for a long time in getting an STI style scoop like you are. They're hard to find as you probably know by now.

I came to find that most people that have theirs now, got them from group buys where they were ordered from japan I think?

Your best bet is to check ebay, or possibly some other forums (NASIOC, IWSTI) to look for someone selling one, or parting out their car.

Good Luck :]

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Sorry guys back to the age old question... Anybody know where to get the 04 sti style hood scoop? Cant seem to find anyone online everybody says out of stock for at least 6 weeks. One last question.... I am upgrading to a 16g turbo next week.. Will the stock intercooler be suficient? I dont race this thing.

thanks this site is awesome!
I'm also curious, are you gonna run the 16g on the stock tranny?

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
You need to get STI Tmic for sure.You can find them anywhere,and you need 02-03 scoop but 04 STI style.Google Kakumei motorsport and you will find it.These guys R in Taiwan I think so but faaaast shipping.I got my front strut bar from them,and got it in 4 days.Very nice bar

·
Registered
05 forester xt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to get STI Tmic for sure.You can find them anywhere,and you need 02-03 scoop but 04 STI style.Google Kakumei motorsport and you will find it.These guys R in Taiwan I think so but faaaast shipping.I got my front strut bar from them,and got it in 4 days.Very nice bar
Thanks bro found one on ebay, the shipping from japan is what scared me but since you said 4ish days I gonna try it. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts