Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy selling a set of '03 WRX brakes at a local subaru forum.
Would these directly swap into my 03 XS??

- WRX rear disk brake set-up (complete with hubs and knuckles)
- WRX front disk brake set-up (complete with hubs and knuckles)

all brake complents will be cleaned up, full brake service and machine the rotors as well!

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a PM from the seller, I don't know if it's a good deal.....?
I do not know much about brakes.. but am I supposed to feel comfortable buying used brake system with 80,000km on them...?

there about 80,000 km on the parts, the rotors and pads will be machined with a full brake service too when sold. the fron pads are farly new, and the rears are almost new. keep in mind that this is the whole assembly too, so you will be getting the knuckels, hubs, wheel bearings and the disk break setup.

I would like $100 for the fronts, and $100 for the rears, but if you pick up both the fron and rears, you can have them for $150

·
Premium Member
01 L
250 Posts
fwiw, I paid over $200 for just the rears...seems like a greats deal and it should all bolt right up, although iirc you might need a new ebrake cable.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments. Considering that I've imported my car from the states... they should be the same size then:)!

I am in a desperate need of a brake job... Just not too sure if it's a good deal or not..

advices please.......! :D

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Thanks for your comments. Considering that I've imported my car from the states... they should be the same size then:)!

I am in a desperate need of a brake job... Just not too sure if it's a good deal or not..

advices please.......! :D
Just buy new pads and rotors, no need to buy all of that stuff with the hubs etc as its exactly the same as whats on your car now. No point in buying used pads and rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts