Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing a clutch and I needed to drill out the 9 Etorx bolts. Well Subaru sells the flywheel as an assembly, but Exedy just sells the flywheel, not the plate that connects to the rear crank.

My local place ordered the wrong bolts twice. Just got off the phone with Annapolis and they also said the factory IPB only shows a Flywheel assembly and nothing given on the bolts, connector plate and flywheel.

With all the aftermarket clutch / flywheel assemblies out there, I can't be the only one that had to drill these out.

Just found an online picture of these bolts. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=subaru+forester+flywheel+bolts&qpvt=subaru+forester+flywheel+bolts&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=9BE0C24B68E48B1674B4107F21056A580F8543B8&selectedIndex=10

Any suggestion where to buy these?

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT Manual
219 Posts
So you have a 2 piece Exedy flywheel and you need the bolts that connect the 2 parts?

·
Registered
2003 Forester Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's correct. For the life of me I can't find any links for new bolts. I can't be the only schmuck that had to drill these out.

·
Registered
2003 Forester Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well got no response from my email via Exedy's website or placing a call to their tech support.

Off to Home Depot. M8x1.25 / 16mm work just fine. A dab of Locktite and applied some German Torque, Gudden-tite (58 ft lbs). Time to move on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts