Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month, my 03 forester had oil leaking into on of the spark plug areas, so I had it in the shop to be repaired. Is that the dreaded head gasket?

Afterwards, the coolant system has continued to leak. I've had it looked at again, and they replaced a hose, but it still leaks our somewhere, as i've had to replace the fluids with great frequency.

Yesterday the heater started pumping out cold air, and the temp spiked, leading me to think the coolant had drained, which it had. I refilled the radiator, but the heat is not restored.

Any idea *** is going on with my vehicle? It runs fine, with no noise, but I am clueless (in more ways than one)

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Spark plugs having oil usually doesn't mean head gaskets. The valve cover gaskets most likely need changing.

Coolant leaking.. you don't see any drip anywhere? Thermostat housing perhaps? Endtank cracked?

I don't know about the AC.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S M/T
3 Posts
You say that even after filling up the coolant, the heat isn't coming back?
Maybe you got air in the cooling system. I think the heater radiator is placed higher than the radiator cap, so when you fill up, the air goes up to the highest point in the cooling system (the heater radiator)
I hope it can help you:icon_biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts