Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester X Prem 4EAT
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's not much info available on the removal and disassembly of the manual HVAC controls for 03-08 Forester's.

I will be having the radio/shifter/HVAC trim hydro dipped, but I would like to remove as much as I can, of the unnecessary bits from these trim pieces. Currently I have been unable to figure out how to remove the 3 lower HVAC buttons (A/C, Defrost, Recirc). I haven't even been able to find a photo of a removed button to see what portion may be holding it in... Does anyone have any info on how to do this?

Also, considering that Subaru list's these buttons as purchasable parts, separately from the assembly, means there has to be a way to remove them, as seen in the parts diagram below.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/forester/us_s11/type_10/climate/heater_control/

On a side note, the entire trim panel with the manual controls can be removed by unhooking the vent cables from the corresponding linkages on either side of the center console towards the bottom of the dash and disconnecting 2 electrical connectors at the backside of the HVAC controls. (None of the videos I have seen mention this)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,988 Posts
@Performance Suby take a look at the write up below in my Member Journal. There's a PDF at the bottom that details the removal of the manual climate control. Use caution, as the cables must be reinstalled exactly as they were, or the controls will bind! :icon_eek:

Audio Upgrade - Part 4

You could contact Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

She could tell you if the control unit has to be purchased as a unit.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

Reactions: ForesterCub

·
Registered
2006 Forester X Prem 4EAT
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to remove buttons #5, 6, 7 from the trim piece in the diagram. I have everything else removed, except those.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
845 Posts
Thanks 2.5x for the diagram. Is this diagram the same for 03 XS Foresters with the lights behind the buttons? I have the Auto HVAC controls.
I've wanted to replace all of the dash/control panel light bulbs for a while. I've replaced most of the combo meter bulbs but worry about breaking the HVAC control knobs. T y :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts