Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 XT with a 1.5 inch strut spacer lift along with 2 inch trailing arm spacers. I will be putting in all terrain tires very soon and will be looking to get a slight size upgrade from the standard 216/60/R16 to a 216/70/R16. Some people have reported no rub when the wheel is turned to full lock at this size, others have. What I have noticed is it seems to be partially dependent on the make and model of the tire (tread differences, etc since the fit is tight). With that said, has anyone used one of the following tires at the 216/70/R16 size and can report their experience, specficially with turn radius?

-Yokohama Geolander A/T G015
-Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S All Terrain
-BFGoodrich All Terrain K02
-Toyo Open Country A/T II

Other experiences are also welcome, including road noise, mpg changes, handling, etc.

·
Administrator
16,349 Posts
G'day & Welcome.

In relation to "other experiences" you will find lots of feedback for most of the brands you mention by reading the threads within this section.

BTW I believe the standard was 215 width not 216.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Auto
11 Posts
ko2's are heavy but amazing for offroad traction. Better than all seasons for snow but get stiff, definitely not a snow tire.

·
Registered
2008 2.5x Manual
9 Posts
I've got the Geolander A/T G015
They are great! About 6,000 miles in on them.
Quiet, lots of traction, and more of an all arounder!

·
Registered
2004 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
I ran the Geolander at that size for several years, no rubbing at all from turning or articulation. They might rub the spring perches on the struts though, there were bare spots from the tires on 3 of 4 when I rotated them later. It would seem even the alignment can cause a bit of rub at this size since you'll be within 1mm of tolerance, it'd be a good idea to check it soon after the upgrade and do a little coaxing with a hammer as needed so you're not burning rubber. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts