Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well Ive had these hellas forever and when I say forever I mean since I first saw the first 06+ install. Well I finally got a chance to spend a day with my car and finish installing these. I have to taken everything apart and tighten them up and align them properly so I will take some better and more detailed pics then, but this proves that the Hellas do fit behind the grill of the 03-05's. I will require a mesh grille mod and even some more grill trimming aside from the grille mod. Ive had these installed for about 2 weeks now and since I put 80 miles a day on my car ive put 600 or so miles on and no temp increase with the blocked radiator

and on, w/ 3k halogens

·
Registered
07 FSXT
211 Posts
Very nice. I did the same thing on my 07 fsxt. What bulbs are you using? How do you like them? Thanks

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to taken everything apart and tighten them up and align them properly so I will take some better and more detailed pics then
Can you take some close up pics of the grill area?

Looks nice.
thanks for the compliment and sometime next week ill snap some better pics when i disassemble and reintstall. They are pointed towards the ground and are still functioning as a fog lamp since they are running off the stock switches.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i basically followed the details step by step found here, but need to add the second clamp to tighten everything down. I will take some up close pics pof the smount of grille needed to be trimmed. Although i was able to do it without taking off the front bumper and just removing the headlamps and headlamp extensions

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Can you give us some more details and perhaps photos of your install please?

Very frustrated that I wasn't able to make this happen on my Foz, got all the parts and tinkered around for a day with no avail. Goes to show you I'm not the handiest person.

Help?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts