Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I've owned at leas 8 Subaru's now, and this will be my first build journal! Bought the car for $2500, with roughly 139k on it. It's a 2002 Subaru Forester S Premium with winter package! (heated seats, heated mirrors, big A$$ sun roof, and rear LSD:cool:).

Current mod list;
KYB GR-2
Swift 02-03 WRX Wagon Springs (3/8 butt spacers{don't really help})
Group N Motor, trans, and pitch stop mounts
WRX Momo
DIY Hood Scoop(looks like poo)
eBay rear strut brace
V7 STi Brembo Brakes
Stainless Brake lines
2011-14 WRX Wheels (5mm Spacers)
V7 STi rear Sway bar(GD Impreza sway bar mounts)
Whiteline ALK, Roll Center Kit
Kartboy Short Throw and positive shift kit
2004-05 WRX Wagon Seats
Grimmspeed master cylinder brace

How She looked when I got her!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,734 Posts
So ... that front bumper section - that's stock/OEM? Interesting... does it serve any purpose beyond "looking" like a bull bar...? Is it just plastic or could you mount lights to it and does it offer any protection?

That would be interesting if they had continued offering that on later model years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Few pictures of the Brembo swap;
Stock brakes

Big Boi Brembos

Size comparison of the fronts

Size comparison of the rears

KNS e-brake adapter

Finished product in the front w/5mm spacers

Finished rear w/old 5Zigen wheels I had

Ended up not using the 5Zigens, as they needed 20-25mm spacers to clear and I didn't want to cut my rear wheel studs to fit with these. Got the 11-14 WRX wheels for a steal and just sanded the rash down and painted them! Used 5mm spacers at all four corners for an even look and to give the fronts some room to breath! Front Brembos are HUGE!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So ... that front bumper section - that's stock/OEM? Interesting... does it serve any purpose beyond "looking" like a bull bar...? Is it just plastic or could you mount lights to it and does it offer any protection?

That would be interesting if they had continued offering that on later model years.
It's factory, but not sure what for other than looks. I swapped the front bumper out for a plain one. Wasn't going offroad too much and went with the lower look rather than lifted.

·
Registered
04 forester 5mt N/A, 17 impreza at N/A
93 Posts
when doing the wrx wagon spring swap did you also do the shocks?
i put a set of sti pink springs on my old 03 with stock shocks and noticed the spring would not set in the perches due to the high difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when doing the wrx wagon spring swap did you also do the shocks?
i put a set of sti pink springs on my old 03 with stock shocks and noticed the spring would not set in the perches due to the high difference.
I did, I bought new kyb struts for a gd WRX. IIRC I looked for a 2005 wrx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts