Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Stb type A
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Hello everyone, new member here looking to gather a little info on the forester models before I get too excited about importing a JDM in a few years. I've got an 08 2.5i now as my DD and an imported 95 STI as my fun weekend/summer car. I'm looking to replace my 2.5i with an imported xt in 2017 as soon as Canada allows it.

So, I want the car for a daily driver and would not like to sacrifice many luxuries that my current 2.5i has. I have the base model so that shouldn't be too hard to match. Basically I want AC, cruise, and some power options. Anything else is gravy.
As for performance/reliability, I would not be tuning the xt for power, but more for a family friendly car that's also fun on the commute to work. I plan on all interior and suspension mods to make it comfy, yet sporty. Alcantara, mild lowering, sway bars and sound deadening.

Basically my questions are, were there any major engine or chassis changes in the 02/03 year. Which engine does the JDM forester use, is it the EJ207? Was the car polished up a little bit in it's second year with that body style or should I just get it as early as possible. Maybe even late 2016

Edit: did now know there was a forester shopping sub forum, thanks for moving me to the right place

·
Registered
1999 Stb type A
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a look at those and it has the 02 foresters, but not the JDM 03's and since it was divided with the cutoff at 02 it makes me think it would be different for 03 but I can't find anywhere to confirm if it is true

1 - 3 of 3 Posts