Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power windows and locks work intermittently on 02 forester. I know they work off a relay but dont know which one and that is probably not the issue. When driving or sometimes when I even leave my car parked and go back to it all the power windows and locks will not work. The auto light on the driver side window switch will go out. For the past few months I've been able to fix it by wiggling the wires that go through the wheel well under the fusebox but as of last night that stopped working. It is possibly the circuit breaker or short somewhere in the wires. I am having trouble locating the circuit breaker for the windows or even finding a replacement or diagram after scouring google I turned here to see if anyone has a wiring diagram or knows where I should be looking.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,848 Posts
@the04foresterxt I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Electrical issues on the SF can be a challenge! They are know to have grounding issues, so that might be a place to start... check all the ground, especially in the engine compartment! Check means lift, remove any corrosion, coat with an electrical grease like NO-OX-IT A or dielectric grease & reconnect.

The wiring diagrams for the SF are poor, compared to the later SG & newer... not one I enjoy troubleshooting with! :icon_eek:

You can find the wiring diagrams on this post.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts