Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester manual
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 63 and I've worked on my own cars my whole life, and have a workshop full of tools, but this one is stumping me.

I am getting a P0447 CEL which is open circuit to canister purge solenoid. Initially I tried the simple, but stupid thing- of replacing the solenoid. No change- and a resistance check of the solenoid confirms that it is good.

I removed the canister and pulled the connector to the solenoid, and a voltmeter to ground shows 0v on both pins- like they are basically disconnected from anything. These wires are yellow and brown (or maybe it is lavender/white, which is what the diagram shows).

I'd like to do a continuity check from this connector to where it plugs into the ECM, but I'm having trouble finding these connections on the car. I have done a continuity check on the wires from the purge connector up as far into the harness as I can get- by puncturing insulation- and they are good that far.

So- QUESTION- can anybody help me locate on the actual car the intermediate E3/B22 connection, and then the WL/A2 connection at the ECM.
I think I found diagram that shows that the ECM in under the glove box? But i'm not certain.

·
Registered
2002 Forester manual
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aha- I did find a video showing that the ECM/ECU is on the passenger side floorboard. I guess it is time to take that apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts