Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car with a bad 5 speed transmission. I replaced it with a used one and a new clutch and it drives great! Only thing is, the clock has no power, and the cruise has no power,(no light in switch) but fuses look ok.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
10 Posts
Issue the First, the clock. Check the 'Oh no my clock doesn't work' sticky in the 'Interior and Electronics' section. Worked like a charm on my clock, almost 8k later no issues.

Issue the second, the Cruise. Does it not function, or does the light just not come on? My 01 the cruise works, but the switch doesn't light up cuz the bulb behind it is burnt out. The cruise still engages if I hit the switch then set it. Just been too f-ing cold lately, I'll deal w/ it in the spring.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2002 forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check that clock sticky. On the cruise, it does not work andthere is no light in the switch. Is the switch supposed to "click" or anything when depressed?
Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Try your horn. Is the airbag light on the dash on? If the horn doesn't blow and the bag light is on then you have a broken "Roll connector" [aka Clockspring] in the steering column. A new one will run you about $200 if you buy it online and it takes about an hour to install if you have the tools and can follow directions on Scoobymods.com.

My '02 had one when I bought it and an independent shop broke the replacement I put in when they replaced my steering rack.

Guy

·
Registered
2002 forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try your horn. Is the airbag light on the dash on? If the horn doesn't blow and the bag light is on then you have a broken "Roll connector" [aka Clockspring] in the steering column. A new one will run you about $200 if you buy it online and it takes about an hour to install if you have the tools and can follow directions on Scoobymods.com.

My '02 had one when I bought it and an independent shop broke the replacement I put in when they replaced my steering rack.

Guy
Horn works and no airbag light. Again, my fog light has a distinct click when pushed in, is the cruise switch supposed to click like this also? My switch has no resistance, does not click, no light etc.
I am trying to determine if it is working correctly based on this info. first.

·
Registered
2002 forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after a long drive of continous attempts, the cruise has suddenly started working! I have no idea why but it works. My clock Iwill stop worrying about because there is a clock in the radio.
Thanks for your help all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts