Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i cleaned my car today inside included.. after i was done i started it up and it ejected and cd. I loaded it back in and all it does is reads it then spits it back out. happens on cd's 2 and 3. didnt try anymore. and its not the cds b/c they have worked fine before.. Any suggestions.. if i mighta bumped somthing... Thanks

·
Registered
2003 Forester
17 Posts
More likely you you blew some dust into the player possibly getting on the laser pick up head, that symptom of spitting out a disc is usually a dirty pick up. If it happens again try blowing it out with a can of high pressure air, although getting the nozzle to reach the head might be problematic.

Ron W.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R 5EAT
70 Posts
If you're handy with a screwdriver, you could probably source another one for $50. They're pretty cheap, but tend to crap out as they get older. I don't think I've ever kept a stock deck in my Subarus more than a week.

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
If you're handy with a screwdriver, you could probably source another one for $50. They're pretty cheap, but tend to crap out as they get older. I don't think I've ever kept a stock deck in my Subarus more than a week.
Do you usally go aftermarket or another Subaru deck?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R 5EAT
70 Posts
Do you usally go aftermarket or another Subaru deck?
I always go aftermarket. Sounds light years better since you can find stereos that you can tune a 7-band equalizer. I always buy my stereos on eBay and save a good 40% off retail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts