Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering how the fitment and ride height would be if I was to put 02-07 WRX KYB AGX struts with STI Pink springs on my 2004 Forester XT? I have no problem being low, but this would be my DD, so I wouldn't want to be so low that I scrape constantly. These are a very good deal ($350, 5k miles), and I have been trying to find some way to achieve a ride height I like, so these seem like a solid option. Any input or opinions are appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
'08 SGM FSX Auto
398 Posts
First of all I'm not sure they make 02-07 KYB AGX struts. I believe they only make the 02-03 WRX AGX struts. Make sure you find out which they are because it makes a difference.

'04 Forester XT's don't have the STI lip so that will help avoid scraping. But our cars do have a lot of bumper in front of our axles. With OE STI springs and the STI lip on mine I was scraping on average sloped entrances if I didn't take them at an angle. Without the lip i do just fine. But with you getting the '"pink" springs, they do lower it more thus causing more possible issues with scraping.

Want to avoid the issue? Get OE STI springs. Same spring rate with a little higher ride height.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are on an 04 WRX "Bugeye", so I just assumed it was all years. And I would love to get OEM springs, but sadly I have to work with what I can fimd, and I cannot find Sti springs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a set of STI Struts and Spring for $150 off of an 05 STI. I think those would be better. Any fitment issues or would they bolt right up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts