Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum!

My brother in law had 2001 Forester come in to his junkyard with 230,000 miles on it. He said it looks decent but it has two broken windows on the drivers side and a noisey exhaust.

I can drive the car for a week on his dealer plate to see if I like it, and if I do he'll sell it to me for $600 dollars.

It is a stick shift but I don't know what trim level it is. He said the interior is decent but dirty.

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
99 Forester S
673 Posts
Great forum!

My brother in law had 2001 Forester come in to his junkyard with 230,000 miles on it. He said it looks decent but it has two broken windows on the drivers side and a noisey exhaust.

I can drive the car for a week on his dealer plate to see if I like it, and if I do he'll sell it to me for $600 dollars.

It is a stick shift but I don't know what trim level it is. He said the interior is decent but dirty.

Thoughts? Comments?

Seems like a good deal to drive around in the snowy Michigan winters. Just get the windows fixed and you got a nice "beater" and save you other car whatever that may be.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Here's a dancing monkey for you.

:monkey_dance:

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Without knowing it's service history I'd be really reluctant to pay more than a couple hundred for it. But it's good that you get to drive it for a little while without buying it. That'll give you an opportunity to see if it leaks. Drive it in close proximity to your place and pay close attention to the temp gauge. My suspicion is that the HG might be going and it wasn't worth it for the PO to fix. Also look in the engine bay for coolant residue.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
If its in good mechanical condition, it could probably get up to a max of $1500. 600 sounds good in its current condition if the engine is in ok mechanical shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts