21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester (SF) 5-Speed
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Exactly the reason I would want it.. :icon_biggrin:

Loving the build!
Yeah, the build is pretty much over (for now, till summer 2014) I will have another summer job, being a full time student and working is tough :icon_frown:

But this thread will get longer and I'm about to post my pictures of my head unit on the HU post :biggrin:

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Yeah, the build is pretty much over (for now, till summer 2014) I will have another summer job, being a full time student and working is tough :icon_frown:

But this thread will get longer and I'm about to post my pictures of my head unit on the HU post :biggrin:
I know all about being a full time student and working.. I am taking 20 credits and working two part time jobs!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I know all about being a full time student and working.. I am taking 20 credits and working two part time jobs!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Damn, I could never do that. I'm not that great in school and I can't do both. I wish I could. Because who doesn't love money?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So today I took my car the shop to get some work done on it. It's lately no matter how or where I drive I can't seem to get that great of mileage. 20 mpg is real crappy. So I'm getting a full tune up as they call it at the shop. Which is spark plugs, wires, filters (if needed) and maybe a couple other things. I hope everything works out and I can stop wasting money at the pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So I got my car back in pretty good time. Only took them a couple days to get it done. Forester feels pretty good and it was probably over due for my tune up. Now I just need to take it for a trip to somewhere further than 70 miles to see the mileage.

This summer is going to be a full fluid tune up. Trans, coolant, and anything else that I think of.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
1/16

So seems how Winter here in NY is not a complete snowfilled wonderland of drifting and cold, I decided to go and wash my car, they (the gov) use tons of road salt on the roads (when they actually plow them) and I want to make my already starting to rust car last. So I contemplated on actually doing it because of the warm weather and stuff, my driveway is a mud pit. My AWD is tearing up my parking spot. Which happens to be the lawn and is slowly becoming a spot due to me parking there and the grass fading away every spring. I thought that if I go and wash my car I would come back to my house and I would spray mud on the sides of my newly washed car. I did it anyways and the mud had frozen due to days being 50 and nights being 30.

Next topic is my headlight. Which happens to have an issue. My headlights are brand new. I just bought them about 2 months ago because one of them blew, so I bought a two pack to install, now one of them is out. So tonight after I had washed my car (didn't wash the engine bay) I decided to get out the flashlight and change my bulb back to an old one. I knew one of them worked. I put in the first one...Dud... second one gets installed... dud... then bam on with full power.... I go and wiggle the input to the bulb and come to find out I might have a short in the wires that go to the bulb (or something else). When I push the top part of the bulb input in harder it seems like it makes a better connection and I get light. But then it falls out of place and it slowly darkens. I need to look at it more tomorrow when there is light for me to see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I bought something new for my vehicle!
It's called a scangauge2 it's a mileage and diagnostic code reader! It does more than just that though, it can see a ton of things that your car is doing. I'll post a link to the website. But ever since I got it I have noticed that when I drive like a grandpa and take everything easy I can get better mileage (I should've known this before hand but..) I can drive better and get awesome mileage and always know how my car is doing on a trip!
It just goes right into the OBD2 port under the steering wheel and it auto connects every time!

Here is some photos on how it looks!
I got 31 mpg IN A 01 SUBARU! Pretty crazy if you ask me!

The Green on the gauge somewhat matches the backlight of my dash (minus the light on the left of my dash, which I have been needed to replace since I got my car...)

What my current interior looks like from a driver's point of view.. sorta..

Up close and personal view of what it looks like.

A better version of a driver's point of view

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Great News!

I was accepted into the Autobody Tech Program at my transfer school. So I will be learning how to fix cars cosmetically and other fun stuff!

that's about all the news I can bring right now.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts