Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve replaced my 01 forester engine with one from LKQ, so I know they tested it, but now that I`ve put it in, it won`t crank. I know I had at least half a tank of gas in it, ( it set up for a month befor I put the engine in) But now the gas gage is showing empty with the light on. Is there a fuel pump reset button/fuse or something? Please help?
Thanks,
Roger

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
575 Posts
Is it possible that someone stole your gas while the car sat? If not, try banging on the tank in case the sensor is just stuck. When you say that the engine wont crank do you mean fire of turn over at all? No gas will not affect that. It is possible you blew your 80 amp primary fuse. Its under the hood on the left side. I'd check that one 1st. Its a big rectangular fuse with a metal tab coming of each side. Hopefully some of these ideas help.

Kenny

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
Did you leave any grounds loose? Check the one going to the bracket at the starter and there should be one on the right cylinder head or just above near the intake. Did you remove any harness connectors inside the car?

·
Registered
03X MT
846 Posts
can you hear the fuel pump "whirring" when you turn the key to the position where the dash lights are lighted?

Also should be easy to find gas pressure at the inlet on the fuel filter near the firewall? use rags and safety glasses in case there is pressure.

You didn't mention how long car sat but if the FF was nearing a "need to change" it might have finally plugged after so long with no gas passing through. My .02

·
Registered
03X MT
846 Posts
oops. you did mention that the car sat for one month.

I would take the inlet hose off the fuel filter and see if gas is getting that far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts