Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
511 Posts
Damnit!! I wish I had found thatt Tsudo!! I just bought a stock replacement cat section for $190. Wonder if I can return it.

The Tsudo have about the best reputation for low end header and mid pipe. Most people have had very little issue with them.

·
Registered
06 FXT 6MT, 07 STi limited SWP
2,711 Posts
ebay option for $120-130 is fine. Speed daddy or whatever. I wouldn't get a high flow Tsudo cat, it sounds raspy and like crap. Stick to your stock cats and get the UEL header, Tsudo or not, and an STi catback.

Have a shop install it all at once.

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
The OP has a 01 4eat, that means oil cooler. Hopefully you can get away with using the smaller wrx oil filter. May have to do a filter relocation kit or just ditch the oil cooler and use a smaller filter... or hack up the header and fix it.

or it might bolt up. The rs's didn't have the factory oil coolers.

·
Registered
2001 forester 5mt
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ebay option for $120-130 is fine. Speed daddy or whatever. I wouldn't get a high flow Tsudo cat, it sounds raspy and like crap. Stick to your stock cats and get the UEL header, Tsudo or not, and an STi catback.

Have a shop install it all at once.
it will fit like a glove and i got it on sale + a 15% discount code

i bought a set off ebay and they werent the right size. they didnt fit on. so i found out about this tsudo set up and everyone says its great but there on back order everywhere so im trying to find the next best this ASAP

·
Registered
2001 forester 5mt
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about it didnt fit? hitting oil filter or header not wide enough?

did you see my last post?
i didnt see that post but yea it dosnt fit in the sense that its not long enough to reach the other side. so to make it work it would have to get cut and lengthend. id rather spend a lil more and fet a proper fit.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 5mt
61 Posts
i didnt see that post but yea it dosnt fit in the sense that its not long enough to reach the other side. so to make it work it would have to get cut and lengthend. id rather spend a lil more and fet a proper fit.
you don't have to cut it, it just needs to be spred out some. with the inconsistency of the way the headers fit it is probably an issue with it getting banged around during shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts