Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere, but for my 2001 Forester, I'm trying to figure out:

1) what the ribbed rubber thing is called that covers the wiring from the car's body to the door (difficult to google for it because... dunno what it's called). It's the rubber hose-looking thing in the image, which is of my '19 since I don't have the '01 with me at the moment.

2) any ideas how much it might cost to replace? they don't really bother me that much except when ice melts and the water touches the wiring occasionally, it makes the power door locks go crazy.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,837 Posts
In one Subaru technical service document, they referred to it as a "rubber duct".

As to the water issue on the wires. I've read where the wires can be damages by the constant flexing, so your repair may require more than just the rubber duct replacement. It could requires some of the wires to be replaced. :confused:

As to that "rubber duct". If you want to buy new, I'd recommend contacting Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

Tell her you're a forum member, as she gives forum members a discount! :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,837 Posts
Another thought. You might check the connector in the cabin, where those wires passing connect to the chassis wiring. If the water has been getting in, it's possible the water has corroded the connector? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@2.5x_sleeper Pretty sure it's the rubber ducts; they're cracked in at least two places. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often, and in case anyone finds this thread down the road, you can't buy the rubber ducts separately. They're part of the wiring harness and you have to buy the entire harness. (n) Going to try electrical tape like Jackie suggested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts