Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have an 01 Forester that just started to lock the doors automatically as soon as I turn the ignition to the off position. The steps I've taken so far to try to fix it was holding the unlock button on the keyfob for over 3 seconds. I've read elsewhere this is supposed to reset the "security system" back to default. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,952 Posts
@Matt Deiter I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Locking the doors automatically is not a normal function... feature on the factory/OEM keyless entry or security system. Any chance you have an aftermarket security system or remote start installed? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: Matt Deiter

·
Registered
2001 Forester Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bobby thanks for the reply. No it's the stock keyless entry system. I don't think it actually even has an alarm or anything. It's a Forester Sport package if that helps at all. It's definitely not functioning normally. When the ignition is in the off position, it tries to lock over and over and over again.

-Matt

·
Registered
2001 Forester Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both actually. When you shut the car off, the doors lock and continue to try to lock even after you pull the key out. As a temporary solution I pulled the fuse for the power lock system just so it wouldn't kill my battery.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't do this when the car is running, only when the ignition is in the off position and even after you pull the key out of the ignition.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,952 Posts
If that was happening all the time, the switch in the door could be failing, as it's used most. Does the lock switch on the driver door feel loose, compared to the passenger door?

The other possibility is a faulty keyless entry module. :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts