Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

You knew it was coming.

5K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  Blue Fox 
#1 ·
I backed into some dude yesterday in a parking lot and being the nice person that I am, waited for him to come back to his car. He was a dick and had the 5-0 called on him by bystanders so I don't feel as bad about the whole thing.

Luckily, the fxt took it like a man. His Volvo on the other hand...

Let the flaming begin. :mob:

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm curious about this statement, however this isn't really the ideal place to discuss that.
Oh he was just cursing and threating to destroy my car / kick my arse etc and creating a scene. It was kinda intense actually.

Do you guys really think I could get it paint blended?? I was expecting to have to pay for my entire bumper to be repainted :icon_frown:

#8 ·
I think that you went above and beyond by waiting for the guy, instead of taking a few pictures and leaving a note for him to call you.

As the police came, I am sure that they would have taken a report of the accident, I think it would be good to make sure it was noted in the report the abusive and threatening nature of the other guy. Not saying this is the case but there are a lot of people that can't let things go. Not to scare you but any uncalled for damage to your car could appear and this guys excessive behaviour is extreme enough for a bystander to call the police, just putting two and two together. Making threats to strangers is not smart, you never know who they are.
Not to get too far off topic but that is the reason, I rarely ever drove my FXT to the old main office at work, my predecessor had all 4 of his tires slashed, keyed, dented, etc... inside our private parking lot, with our own security team. That is the problem with people that don't understand how to react without threats or violence.

Dave

#9 ·
Sorry to hear about your mishap. You did the right thing by sticking around. It's a good thing there were other people around, or it might have gotten ugly. Have you heard from the insurance people yet?

David

#10 ·
As long as the bumper isn't cracked (and you don't mind if there are creases or whatever scratches are embedded in the plastic you should totally be able to blend it. Bumper's not hanging off which means none of the mounts were damaged. Is that a dent in the metal above it or just a scratch?

#11 ·
ouch, my Fozzie is still in the Body shop getting touched up from a dump truck spewing sand rock.

hope everything works out ok for you and you get it all fixed.

Thankfully my comprehensive insurance has me covered, just sucks not having my Fozzie for 2 weeks.

As for the guy's attitude, that is why I carry a 45 with me, be it in my car or on my bike.
To many crazy people out there now days.

#13 ·
^^Agreed. I think you did a good thing there man. Most people would have just left and never said a thing. Ask me how I know... :chair:

If he lost it on you, he's probably the kind of person that would have done just that. :shake:

#14 ·
I knew it! I KNEW IT! That car has too much pooooowah for you
youngin! (j/k :lol:)

It was a good thing that you stayed, don't let the way this ash-whole acted
dissuade you from doing the right thing in the future too.

....oh and glad no one got hurt....:icon_biggrin:

#15 ·
lol, We all have one of those days..

Mine was back in Gr 11, I had just put a new stereo+subs into my toyota truck. I jumped in, cranked the tunes, and backed out into our alley infront of someone :icon_frown:. Put my tube bumpers right through this ladies headlights, then ripped her fender off when I went ahead to get out of her way. :icon_redface:
$500 out of my little pockets a week before christmas hurt, but I still triple check before backing up and it's been 15 years :biggrin:

#16 ·
My wife just did the same thing to someone's lotus elise. No damage to the foz. $1050 to the lotus. That is what insurance is for. I really wish she could have found something else to hit though.:icon_frown: Glad to see no injuries. They are just cars, and can be fixed.

#17 ·
I agree, don't feel too bad, Dempsey. I had a blonde moment today and backed into a row of mailboxes. Left some scratches on the rear quarter panel right underneath the rear side window and a few on the tailgate. Thankfully most of them buffed out (I guess I should thank Erich for his awesome paint-protective detail job), but I can see the ripples in the sheet metal when the light hits it just right. Oh well.

#18 ·
Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

I actually did hear from insurance today. The guy filed a claim with them and I claimed no damage so I don't owe anything out of pocket to anyone :biggrin: I'll get the bumper painted someday when I feel like spending a few bucks. For now, there are more important things the Foz needs, like a service, summer wheels, a tune, etc.

I'm super glad I waited for this dude though. I'm sure he would've pulled some B.S. judging by how he wanted to sue, etc etc and I could've had it a lot worse possibly.

Live and learn though eh? And I swear, telling myself "it's just a car" has helped so much. Although I was about to tell him his car is a worthless piece of junk that isn't worth crying about.. That could've ended badly :lol:

#19 ·
I'll stereotype and tell you that my experiences with Volvo owners are they are frequently pains in the ass. I get less grief from Mercedes owners, generally. Expensive to fix and miserable to estimate, they don't rank too far below VW/Audi products on my most loathed list of cars. From me, thank you for ruining an arrogant idiot Volvo owner's day!

#23 ·
I feel the same way and am glad to see you already typed this^^. I loathe Volvos and normally the person driving. Anything produced by Ford is iffy in my book. (UNLESS, it's an old school Volvo, then those are aight(pre-99))

Glad you're ok Dempsey... Could've been much worse.

#24 ·
That sucks. I did damn near the same exact thing in my Foz......which is why I have bed-liner sprayed on the lower third of my car now. :biggrin: By judging the pictures, it looks like the scuff on the actual body can be buffed relatively easily with some Maguiar's Ultimate Compound. Now you can get about 10 cans of Duplicolor Bed Liner Spray and go to town on the lowers! :biggrin:

#25 ·
I'm driving a 2004 Volvo S40 T5 & the 60k checkup will take place in a couple of weeks. The extended warranty paid off but my car has relatively low mileage. I'm not sure what would have happened if I'd put more miles on it but the car is ok.

The S40 has a few blind spot issues. I couldn't believe it when I sat down in the Forester. Wow.

Three of my Subaru driving co-workers are former Volvo owners. Come to think of it, I know a few others too. Is this common?

#27 ·
Did a similar thing a fews years back in an almost empty ski lift car park in the summer... waited for 20 minutes left a note bit never heard a peep from the car owner... just lucky I geuss.
Good on you for waiting around and staying calm, not sure I'd have been able to!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.