post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: fxti
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Gallery: 0
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
vag-com cable +rom raider

the car have been tuned openecu... i've got my cable last week and havee tried to do some logging... can i import the tune with ecuflash and edit some parts of the tune? just want to be sure how to do it dont want to loose the tune ...

i've got some experience with megasquirt on my gc8 but ecuflash and romraider is new to me...

Last edited by JDMath; 12-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2006
Car Model: FXT
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I can't give you too much guidance as I use the tactrix adapter. But where I would check first is in your Control Panel > System > Device Manager. Verify when the cable is connected that you see the drivers loaded for the vag-com device. Also the Openport drivers should appear (these might be tactrix specific) but I had a problem in windows where it recognized the tactrix, but didn't install the right openport driver.

If the drivers appear to be ok. The next thing to do is verify you have the newest version of 32-bit java installed. For me I had to uninstall the current Java on my computer and reinstall it. If that doesn't work then try the different final and beta versions of RomRaider. Properly uninstall the previous version before installing a different version on your computer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: fxti
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyduey View Post
I can't give you too much guidance as I use the tactrix adapter. But where I would check first is in your Control Panel > System > Device Manager. Verify when the cable is connected that you see the drivers loaded for the vag-com device. Also the Openport drivers should appear (these might be tactrix specific) but I had a problem in windows where it recognized the tactrix, but didn't install the right openport driver.

If the drivers appear to be ok. The next thing to do is verify you have the newest version of 32-bit java installed. For me I had to uninstall the current Java on my computer and reinstall it. If that doesn't work then try the different final and beta versions of RomRaider. Properly uninstall the previous version before installing a different version on your computer.
i've edited my post before i saw your answer... this issue is now okai ;) java was the problem now i can log ;)

now just want to know how to corretly import my current tune to be able to adjust some things...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2006
Car Model: FXT
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Once you've imported your current ROM using ECUFlash, then open the file using RomRaider's ECU Editor.

If you're familiar to modifying ECU parameters, RomRaider should be straight forward.

The upload process is the same as how you imported. Use ECUFlash and upload it back. FYI is something wrong happens during the upload process. Don't turn your ignition key to the off position, this will brick your ECU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Engine Management, Tuning and Datalogging

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.