Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Critical Accessport Firmware Update for 2014+ Forester XT

('14-'18) 
19K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  FXTerrific 
#1 · (Edited)

Hey guys, we've pushed out a very important Accessport firmware update for the 2014 Forester XT. Specifically for those with Subaru's EyeSight feature. Be sure to download Accessport Manager and update your Accessport firmware (1.7.2.0-11506) before attempting any additional flashes!

More info: COBB Tuning ? Critical Firmware Update for 2014+ Forester XT Accessport users!!

The COBB Subaru Expert Group

See less See more
#4 ·
The update worked well for me. Prior to the update I was getting communication errors during the flash necessitating multiple restarts and one time a bricked ecu which cobb fixed in a jiffy. I was able to install the access port last evening with no errors on the first try.

#6 ·

Hey guys, we've pushed out a very important Accessport firmware update for the 2014 Forester XT. Specifically for those with Subaru's EyeSight feature. Be sure to download Accessport Manager and update your Accessport firmware (1.7.2.0-10452) before attempting any additional flashes!

More info: COBB Tuning ? Critical Firmware Update for 2014+ Forester XT Accessport users!!

The COBB Subaru Expert Group
The Update worked well with my 2015 XT 2.0 with EYESIGHT so far for the past 1700 miles all good.

#11 ·
I had the same issue this fall with my Forester XT 2015 with EyeSight. I bricked the ECU during flash. Cobb support was great. We walked through a few different things together, and when we determined that my ECU was bricked, they reflashed it and overnighted it back with zero fuss. They then kept working the issue until they came up with a solution. The latest AP firmware (dated some time this December, I think) addresses the issue with '15 XTs with EyeSight.

#12 ·
Hey everyone!

A quick update, we believe we have finally isolated the issue that was causing ECUs to become unresponsive. We released an update in December to address this once and for all. Firmware update notes can be found here: https://static.cobbtuning.com/support/releasenotes/AP3-SUB-004.html

COBB Blog post is here: COBB Tuning ? 2014+ Forester XT ? Important Accessport Firmware Update

Thank you to those who have experienced the issue and patiently worked with us in resolving it.

Marshall@COBB

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.