('14+) COBB Accessport for SJ FXT - Tuning Results Thread - Page 91 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1351 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsds View Post
Can you point me in the direction of the FXT Facebook page? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it! Thanks!
2nd!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: FXT Premium
What was the original question @ForcedInduction ? Sorry - I don't frequent this site much anymore.

I've had the recall service preformed. I reinstalled the AP with the OTS map and performance was so-so, some knock here and there, but it was probably gas quality. OTS maps work well for most folks, but not great for everyone. I threw my AEM intake back on, and reflashed a map reconfigured by my tuner to work with the new ECU ROM. It's only been a few miles but it seems to be okay. I can follow-up later once the map has been fully learned.

As a part of the recall service, I purchased a set of spark plugs for replacement since they were going to be removed anyway. The outgoing plugs, which have been in for about 24k miles, looked okay.

I've gotta be honest - after the recall service, I was reluctant to reinstall the AP. Long story short - original engine blew at 6k miles (ringlands), rebuilt (as opposed to replaced) under warranty, and given a 100K mile warranty to appease any worries about longevity. I've had the car protuned by two different tuners, one of which is well known in SoCal (Church). Neither were able to make decent power as compared to others on this forum and on the facebook group (218whp/279wtq at 18.5psi, and 208whp/260wtq at 17psi, with an intake!). Something about my engine sucks.

So why reinstall when given this opportunity for a fresh start? I reinstalled the AEM intake, and AP anyway because the parts and tunes were already paid for, and to gain a window for monitoring the engine performance. At least now, I can monitor knock events, react to shitty gas, etc - which I wouldn't have if I didn't reinstall. I'm going to drive this car to death.

I would highly recommend getting a protune. Dyno, e-tune, doesn't matter - it means a professional has looked over datalogs of your car, and has made an ECU map that is tailored to it.

FXTerrific likes this.
post #1353 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
@Moreuseful ..... the question that I had asked before was for those on the forum that had the ECU recall done and then re-installed the AP.....one thing I noticed was that in the AP manager.....before the update (AP update following thereafter) I was able to SEE the stock Data ROM file......but following the ECU/Cobb AP update....I no longer was able to see that file anymore.....it seemed that it was somehow hidden from view......I was getting worried that it was somehow deleted (and I couldn't see it on the AP either)......nevertheless....I could attest that it IS on the AP in the background as I have uninstalled the AP again and everything went fine......

That being said I most likely will not re-install the AP as I most likely will trade it in this summer.....don't get me wrong.....I really really like the Forester.....however.......I am beginning to question long-term reliability in this model FXT after seeing what some people have been dealing with......

S#....it's what makes a Subaru....A SUBARU!

post #1354 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Forum Member

Ah, okay. What are you thinking about?
I was also considering trading in. It just wouldn't make financial sense yet.

Back on topic, the car is performing well with the tune. My only gripe is that I desire more power.
post #1355 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreuseful View Post
Ah, okay. What are you thinking about?
I was also considering trading in. It just wouldn't make financial sense yet.

Back on topic, the car is performing well with the tune. My only gripe is that I desire more power.
Porsche Macan GTS

S#....it's what makes a Subaru....A SUBARU!
post #1356 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
Porsche Macan GTS
I've seriously been considering the same car. No joke. I'll probably wait three years for the first round of lease returns.
FXTerrific likes this.
post #1357 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:47 PM
FOZZ XT
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Snail Perf STG 2 FXT
Transmission: HT CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsds View Post
Can you point me in the direction of the FXT Facebook page? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl View Post
2nd!!
If you are still looking for the FB pages, just hit me up on FB as they are private pages and once we are friends (hahaha so funny) I can add you to the groups. I'm on FB as Brian Dellosso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BASS, treble, BOOM
post #1358 of 1358 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 03:19 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: Forester 2.0XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ BrianBASS View Post
If you are still looking for the FB pages, just hit me up on FB as they are private pages and once we are friends (hahaha so funny) I can add you to the groups. I'm on FB as Brian Dellosso
Me too. Sent you a fb request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Engine Management, Tuning and Datalogging

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode