Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

SUBTLE: SF/SG/SH - 1" Lift Kit (Product Review)

81K views 58 replies 31 participants last post by  Borderguy 
#1 ·
I recently picked up one of these kits for my wagon. The install is pretty straightforward and will only take a couple hours. The spacers are made of 6061 aluminum and are very beefy looking. For my setup I used 3/8" saggy butt spacers in the rear on top of the lift, which required longer(60mm) studs. I wound up picking them up from McMaster-Carr. Overall, this product is awesome and it allowed me to the run the larger tires that I wanted.

Here's some before/after shots:

Before:

After:

See less See more
#8 ·
I just had the spacers installed on my 2009 Forrie, the original estimate was that it would take 8 hours but the install was so smooth and easy that it only took 5 so I saved some money.

I am VERY happy, the extra Inch makes the car MUCH easier to get in and out of and I noticed that it's easier to find in parking lots too! plus extra ground clearance is always a good thing!

Subtle was easy to deal with and the fit and finish on the parts is VERY NICE.

I will try to get before and after photo's up today.

Unclviny

#15 ·
So far everything I've seen raised this amount I like, because it's been reported it really does not affect the cars drive-ability.

Just finished reading some threads the other day on Dirty Impreza, mini :mob::chair:NABISCO flame feast going on there regarding the Jackson Rally/Subtle lift kits. Not much different you can do when it's just a spacer that needs to fit a tower.
All I can remember reading here before was how difficult it was to get a response or spacers from Jackson Rally, all Subtle has done is supply a demand at a competitive price. Good for them:rock:

#28 ·
Another super-satisfied customer here! Mine was the front kit only, since I already had 2" rear lift springs and 1" lift (on H4) H6 Outback front springs. Now I'm at a nice 2" lift all around.

Before:

AFTER. :biggrin:

I want more stickers. lol

#30 ·
I like some Outbacks slammed, but I can't quite picture a white/titanium BH lowered... unless it was on some crazy offset bronze Grids or something.... hrmmm... :evilatyou:

Nah. It's an automatic, so lifted was the way to go.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.