Review: Findway Waterproof 3D Floor Liner, 2016 XT 2.0 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

5Likes
  • 2 Post By GZepp
  • 1 Post By wrex002
  • 1 Post By 2dogs1cat
  • 1 Post By 2016Forester

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: 2.0 XT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Review: Weathertech alternative; Findway 3D Floor Liner, 2016 XT 2.0

Hey all, just "installed" these Findway F518 waterproof floor mats / liners.

Info / rationale:

I chose these because they appeared closer to an OEM look (carpet) than the rubber, Weathertech style. I know the Weathertechs are great, but I find the rubber can be slippery here when climbing into the car with snowy / slushy boots, and I also just prefer the look of the carpet.

These are model-specific, so they are shaped to fit the specific vehicle.

They come as a 5-piece set: driver's side, passenger side, both rear passengers, and a "hump" cover that joins the two rear floor mats.

They are a Canadian company, and shipping was fast.

They are considerably cheaper than a set of Weathertechs, if that is a factor for you. It was 99.00 CAD for the complete set, front and back.

At the time of my purchase you could not buy fronts separate from rears.

First impressions:

They were lighter than I expected them to be, but the material felt nice. Very cushy. Colour was good. Build quality seemed good. Check out the contouring in the following pic.

Mat profile:

Carpet texture:

The bottom is a textured rubbery surface that grips fairly well. It's fine, but would inspire more confidence if it was a bit more aggressively textured:

Fitment:

Coverage is best on the driver's mat. The liner extends well beyond the OEM mat, and is quite deep as well. Here is a picture of the driver's side OEM mat sitting in the Findway mat (apologies for the dirt):

Here are A/B pics of both mats in place:

OEM:

Findway (note dead pedal coverage and heel protection; nice!):

You will need to pull the liner lip aside a bit to get your gas hatch release:

Also note above that the recessed seat bolt area is now covered; you won't get muck, dirt, water, Oreo crumbs etc building up in there. Or protein bar crumbs, whatever.

Fitment on passenger side is close to OEM, a little better, but much deeper. Here is the OEM mat inside the Findway mat:

As you can see, not as extensive as the driver's side. Not a deal breaker for me. Definitely deeper though; check the "spill guard" at your passenger's feet now:

Back seats fit well, although the "hump" cover is a little odd. Not a perfect fit yet, but I think it will settle in.

The driver's side needed a fair bit of muscle and massaging to get it to sit flat and stay put, but once that was done it seems to be settled in and the overall look is quite clean. The colour match is nice, it blends very well (much better than the pictures here make it look).

Summary:

These are fully waterproof, and look much closer to stock than a rubber style mat. The price is great, and delivery was fast. Quality seems very good to me. Very happy with materials and colour. I am happy with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone that is thinking along the lines I was when I sought the product out.

I don't know if my pictures will all show up, so I'm going to check on that now. I'll update with more pictures if anyone has requests.

Gz

HeyChris and rusty jake 11 like this.

Physics works.

Last edited by GZepp; 02-27-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 01:58 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: AW FSXT
Transmission: 5spd
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
FYI only 09+ foresters,and 08+ for impreza and STi

GZepp likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex002 View Post
FYI only 09+ foresters,and 08+ for impreza and STi
Thanks for the clarification! I hadn't thought to include that info.

Gz

Physics works.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: 2.5i Convenience
Transmission: Constantly Very good Times
Thanks for the info and review. Damn, I guess I have to get my own Forester to try a pair of Findways.
; ^ )
GZepp likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:18 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester 2.5 Premium
Transmission: CVT
Thank you for this useful post. The pictures are extremely useful. I ordered and just received Findway floor mats for my '16 Forester.

I live in coastal California, so I won't need waterproofing. I did want larger floor mats. I find that OEM floor mats catch 90% of the dust/mud/food/crumbs. But there are always stuff that drops down at edges of OEM floor mats. So I still have to do periodic vacuuming. And I liked Findway, as I want carpet instead of rubber.

Here is my initial take on Findway mats. I only used it 2 days.

- Size. Definitely much more coverage than OEM, as shown in photos above. This should definitely reduce need to vacuum.

- Fit & Install. Because it is 3D (mat is raised at edges), the fit is not perfect. In all mats, rear part of mat does not lie perfectly flat. If I push it down and step on it, it gets better, but there is still some vertical free play. At rear edge of the mats, velcro helps to hold the mat against the car's carpet. Good news is that when I use the mat, the free play does not bother me; it feels cushiony.

- Pattern. My OEM floor mat has patterns, black and gray; so it hides dirt, leave particles, sand well. Findway is just single tone color, black. After 1 use, I notice dirt and leaves already.

- Removing to dump dirt. Typically with OEM mat, it's easy to remove, dump the dirt out, and reinstall It takes 30 secs. And I do this every couple weeks. With Findway, it will take more time to reinstall. I will find out how difficult this will be.
GZepp likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016Forester View Post
- Fit & Install. Because it is 3D (mat is raised at edges), the fit is not perfect. In all mats, rear part of mat does not lie perfectly flat. If I push it down and step on it, it gets better, but there is still some vertical free play. At rear edge of the mats, velcro helps to hold the mat against the car's carpet. Good news is that when I use the mat, the free play does not bother me; it feels cushiony...
I'm glad the review was helpful! I agree with you that the rear part of the mats is a bit "floaty" at first, due to the shaping and depth of the mats. I hadn't thought to try velcro to hold it firmly down; after I do my spring interior wash, I may try that. I have gotten used to it though, and it seems to be fitting a little more clean there now anyways.

Thanks for your notes!

Gz

Physics works.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
Do you guys use it year round or just winter?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 4eat ss
I've had my Findway liners for about 4 years now. They are holding up well and when they get real muddy/dirty they just hose up nicely. jzmtl they're in my Fozzy 365 days a year.

2010 Forester Touring/Newport blue/4eat ss
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: XT Touring
Transmission: CVT
any comparison between these and weathertechs for fit? I know the WT are plastic molded so will definitely be different that way.

If you aren't upgrading, you aren't trying.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 02:05 AM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty jake 11 View Post
I've had my Findway liners for about 4 years now. They are holding up well and when they get real muddy/dirty they just hose up nicely. jzmtl they're in my Fozzy 365 days a year.
Thanks. These look good enough to use it all the time compare to the rubber ones.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 11:34 PM
Forum Member

Floor liners installed on top of factory mats, very good coverage, not 100% fit but good enough. The texture is so similar to rest of carpeting you couldn't really tell it's not OEM.

Will see how they hold up this winter, but given the positive reviews I'm not worried.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Forum Member

It was previously mentioned by the OP that you need to pull the liner lip aside to get the gas hatch release. I received the same findway mats for my 09 Forester, and there is a cutout for the gas hatch release.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Any latest feedback with this liner? A lot of snow was dumped lately and just wondering how it held up.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post
It was previously mentioned by the OP that you need to pull the liner lip aside to get the gas hatch release. I received the same findway mats for my 09 Forester, and there is a cutout for the gas hatch release.
On mine there isn't, I actually prefer this way so crap doesn't get into nook and crannies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_XT View Post
Any latest feedback with this liner? A lot of snow was dumped lately and just wondering how it held up.
So far so good. It doesn't have the deep well of typical winter mats to hold tons of water so it's best to knock your boots to get rid of snow stuck on bottom before you get in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Reviews > Product Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode