Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Transmission Problems (READ ME, I NEED HELP)

('03-'05) 
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  sahunt 
#1 ·
So here's the deal.

I have a 2004 Forester XT 5spd. This car is so CONFUSING. When I say confusing its ALWAYS pertaining to the take off. I been driving stick for quite some time and all of my friends have come to the conclusion that its not me. The car STRUGGLES to roll off. I have mods done, but nothing absolutely insane. When I let off the clutch, I can feel my car struggling to move. No matter how much gas you give it, the car will ALWAYS SHAKE. This is not a normal shake because I can feel the entire car as well as the engine components shaking. Just put a clutch in there about 1.5k ago and its been happening since the beginning. Even before that, I had a clutch in there that I had bought the car with, it would shake too. Not that bad, but it shook. If ANYONE has any thoughts about where I should look for a potential problem or has maybe heard of this before. PLEASE PM ME. I'd appreciate any opinions besides the fact that I dont give it enough gas. I have heard that one before and dismissed it immediately.

Just a summary. Letting off clutch and the entire car shakes. BAD. Like the car is literally a 140 year old grandpa trying to get out of his chair. It can be VERY BAD or minimal. Like I said above, PLEASE PM ME. I normally do not check this but I gotta get to the bottom of this shaking nightmare!!!

Thanks Everyone!

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.