Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Transmission Filter

('03-'05) 
4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  flstffxe 
#1 ·
04 forrester @ 30k. Time to change Tranny filter... Found LFS706 as a model number and crossed it on the fram site and came back with

Competitor Competitor Part Our Part Part Note
TOKYO LFS706 PH4967 Models with standard filter
adapter having 3/4-16" thread
ROKI CO.,
LTD.

So I'm assuming this is the correct tranny filter. Are the oil and the tranny the same?

Thanks,
shawn

ps. Just bought nissan altima. Now I have to find the nissan site LOL

#3 ·
Exactly right on both points.

Further, why change it? Subaru is rather quiet about this filter and dealers do not normally change it unless requested. Furthermore, Subaru has done away with it on later vehicles.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#4 ·
Read this thread by Plain OM on So_Org on how the OEM trans filter is different.
Subaru transmission filter IS different - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

On more the one occasion aftermarket filters for the transmission have caused issues for people that have been cured by swapping it out for the OEM one.

Almost all of the aftermarket spin-on filters speced for the transmission are existing engine oil filters that the 3rd party manufacture believes can do the job. They are however not built the same.

If you are going to do it, this is one of those times I would say go right to the factory part.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.