Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

sti pitch stop?

('09-'13) 
3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nashcarr 
#1 ·
I am going to be intalling a rallitek 4eat tranny insert bushing on my 2011 fxt and was wondering if a pitch stop off a 2012 sti would be a upgrade on my car? I can get it for free off my friend who upgraded to a perrin unit but is it different from mine. Also does a 4eat even use a pitch stop mount and would it even fit?

#2 ·
You may notice an increase in engine noise in the cabin, like the insualtion was pulled from the buklhead. I fitted a Group N pitchstopper a while back and had to remove it almost straight away, it was like being in a racing car, I could hear everything except the stereo. You have a later model though so, try it and see, it's just a case of pulling the IC and then two bolts for the PS, 20 minutes for the novice?.

#3 ·
Yeah i dont think im going to just because my tmic is such a pain to fit back on i cant see it being worth it without knowing its a real upgrade. My tuner said its not worth it on a auto since there isnt much movement during shifts and thats the tranny mount insert will have more of a noticeable affect.

#4 ·
Agreed, the 4EAT just doesn't have the backlash the 5 speed does. I don't know that the stock STi pitch stop mount is any better than the forester one. The Group-N is a stock STi piece with harder rubber inserts. Much like stock STi engine mounts are the same as stock Forester ones.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.