Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Need help from someone running a 4eat

('01-'02) 
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bobliza 
#1 ·
I'm trying to modify my line pressure that controls the firmness of the shifts and need a multimeter reading of a wire.

Normally when you slam the throttle on an auto the line pressure increases to allow for faster shifting and less wear. Well mine doesn't work, it stays in "low throttle" mode. (due to errors that aren't fixable due to the nature of my engine swap)

Sure I could get the valve body mod for 500 bones...:sure: or I could just do this for free, with your help that is.

According to my 01 legacy wire diagram,

B54 9 controls the line pressure duty solenoid. By either increasing or decreasing its voltage I can modify how firm my shifts are.

What I need you to do for me is to shove a multimeter into that wire while everything is connected and measure the voltage while WOT and while putting around town slow like.

I need to see the difference between "grocery getter" and "fun mode" to be able to modify my line pressure correctly.

This is what you do.
Probe that wire with your multimeter.
Ground the other probe.
Switch it to VDC
Floor it and see the voltage (jot this down).
Drive like grandma and see the voltage (jot this down).

Tell me what voltage corresponds with what throttle disposition.

You don't really have anything to gain from this, aside from seeing a modification DIY on how to increase line pressure on 4eats without spending 500$ for a valve body :). Oh, and helping out a fellow subaru owner ;).

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.