Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

How do I remove rear axles/shafts Foz 2000 Auto?

('01-'02) 
966 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Aaron'z 2.5RS/WRX 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've looked through this forum and others for a guide relating to the removal of the rear cv shafts on my 2000 auto Foz, but every guide/photo depicts diffs that have 5 bolts around the L/R axle inputs, where mine looks like this -

Anyhow, i've tried prying the shafts off as per other guides, but I get the feeling I need to undo that lone bolt and spin the giant toothed flange? Truly lost with this (as you can tell), so any how to's / suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation, Dyr

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate, but - No. Apparently they are held in by a circlip within the diff itself, and 'one' should be able to yank them out? I'm going to try some extreme force today, but was kind of hoping for some confirmation before going completely Neanderthal on them? Cheers Peter

#5 ·
Cheers guys, I ended up using two flat faced chisels I could simultaneously leverage in opposite directions between the case and the shaft - and like you said - they just popped out with some moderate force; I was just apprehensive with the force required as I've never played down there [hmm, slightly dodgy sounding sentence - in fact, the whole paragraph just sounds wrong...]. Thanks for all your support guys, as of now, she's back on the road :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.