Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

hill assist question

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  kyo 
#1 ·
Hey knowledgeable people! My 2015 Limited is in the shop so I've been driving a 2017 Forester (base model) loaner car from the dealership. Right away I noticed that if you're on a steep hill and in D (drive) that the car holds and doesn't roll back an inch. I was supremely impressed and it had me wondering why my 2015 Limited doesn't do that. Does the 2017 have some sort of hill assist that the 2015 doesn't have?

#2 ·
Just got my car back from the shop and was told the 2015 Limited does not have the "hill holder" as the 2017 base model does. She said the 2015 Touring might have it, but it wasn't in the Limited trim. Bummer.

#4 ·
I have a 2014 Canadian Touring model, which is the equivalent of the US-market Limited model, and I have the Hill-Holder feature (it's also a CVT). It holds the car on an incline for up to about 2 seconds. Works very well!

#8 ·
Yup my 2003 X manual had a similar feature and it drove me absolutely crazy. Maybe if I had never driven a manual before I would have liked it? I tried to have numerous mechanics disable it, but was never able to find anyone who could figure it out or was willing to do it.

But I have an automatic now so the conversation is more geared towards that.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.