Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Euro A/T US T/C

('98-'00) 
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1999green 
#1 ·
Thanks at the beginning for helping me with something other than a Forester. I am posting here because I have an account and I get such great responses from this forum.

Hi all, I am asking about a Legacy Outback I just got and I have a few questions about a transmission I already have. So here it is. A few years ago I got all but the body out of a car that had been "damaged in transport" I put the 2.5 SOHC and some other parts into my 99 Forester all is awesome for that car.
All those parts were from an A/T vehicle. My Forester is a manual. So I had this never used A/T in my garage. So I picked up a Legacy Outback with a blown transmission after researching and finding that I should be able to bolt up the 2.5 DOHC in the Outback. The only thing I can't figure out after reading for hours on three different forums is a for certain answer as to if I can use the T/C from my Outback on the tranny because for some reason the T/C was not with the tranny I got with all those other parts.

Working on a 98 Legacy Limited Outback Step Roof
2.5 DOHC A/T

These are the things I know from using opposedforces.com
The Outback has 4.44 gears
The New Transmission has 4.11 gears but I have the matching rear diff which I will pull the back cover off of so I can make sure it has 4.11 gears.
It is the center diff on the Outback that is fried, horrible cluuu clunk cluu clunk etc.
The code on the Outback tranny is TZ102Z2DBA-KF
The code on the new tranny is TZ1A4ZFDAA-RW using this tranny code I found that it is from a Europe B12 Legacy GX or (KA:RX) opposedforces says that this A/T was used in sedans from Jan.99 on and in wagons from Oct. 98 on.
None of the T/C numbers between the two tranny codes cross.
I also already know about the world of hurt I am in for with re-installing the T/C

Question 1: Can I just use the T/C from the Outback and install it on the new tranny? If no then how in the world do I source the correct T/C?
Question 2: Has anyone ever seen an A/T tranny chart similar to the awesome one produced by Dave at RalliSpec? Thanks! Dave

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.